Learn Korean More Effectively!
From saying the basic greetings, to counting numbers, and to having simple yet natural conversations in Korean, you can learn the basics of the Korean language with this textbook.
This book was made to help you learn Korean on your own, even if you don’t go to a Korean language school to take a course. TTMIK Books are based on the lessons available on our website and in the podcast but improved and edited to fit the book format, so that you can learn Korean on your own.
The book comes with mp3 audio files including the recordings of all of the major vocabulary words, expressions, sample sentences and dialogues used in the book. After learning each grammar point, you will also see a sample dialogue based on what you’ve learned in the certain unit. You will also see some exercise questions so that you can check and reinforce what you’ve learned.
Table of Contents
- Lesson 1. Hello, Thank you / 안녕하세요, 감사합니다
- Lesson 2. Yes, No, What? / 네, 아니요
- Lesson 3. Goodbye, See you / 안녕히 계세요, 안녕히 가세요
- Lesson 4. I’m sorry, Excuse me / 죄송합니다, 저기요
- Lesson 5. It’s me, What is it? / -이에요, -예요
- Lesson 6. This is…, What is this? / 이거…, 이거 뭐예요?
- Lesson 7. This, That, It / 이, 저, 그, 거/것
- Lesson 8. It’s NOT me / 아니에요
- Lesson 9. Topic/Subject Marking Particles / -은/는, -이/가
- Lesson 10. Have, Don’t have, There is, There isn’t / 있어요, 없어요
- [Blog] Places in Korean: Han River (한강)
- Lesson 11. Please give me… / … 주세요
- Lesson 12. “It’s delicious, It tastes awful, Thank you for the food / 맛있어요, 잘 먹겠습니다”
- Lesson 13. I want to… / -고 싶어요
- Lesson 14. What do you want to do? / 뭐 -고 싶어요?
- Lesson 15. Sino-Korean Numbers / 일, 이, 삼, 사, …
- Lesson 16. Basic Present Tense / -아/-어/-여요
- Lesson 17. Past Tense / -았/었/였어요
- Lesson 18. Location Marking Particles / 어디, -에, -에서
- Lesson 19. When / 언제
- Lesson 20. Native Korean Numbers / 하나, 둘, 셋, 넷, …
- [Blog] Travel in Korea: Taking a Taxi
- Lesson 21. Negative Sentences / 안, -지 않다
- Lesson 22. Verbs / 하다
- Lesson 23. Who? / 누구?
- Lesson 24. Why? How? / 왜? 어떻게?
- Lesson 25. From A To B, From C Until D / -에서/부터 -까지